Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 3 - DMV

omg!!! What a day!! I mean seriously - it started out great, felt pumped up about my test and studying for it. Got to the DMV around 10am, waited in line for about an hour, got up to the information counter told the guy why I was there, he asked to see my Social Security card, so I gave it to him... Well...... it's laminated. It's been laminated for over 20 years, never had a problem with it before, but I guess today was my day to start! lol He told me that they can't accept a laminated card (even says on the back: "DO NOT LAMINATE") but he even asked around and then made a phone.. Still a 'no-go'. So I left - just about in tears!! Called Scotty - my rock and 'wah-wah'd' to him! He told me to take a deep breath, call the Social Security Office. So I did and found one that was actually really close to the DMV that I was at. I went over there, waited for another hour, got a really friendly girl that told me not to worry, she can replace my card and get me a certified copy to take back to the DMV!! woohoo

So I got back to the DMV at 1:30pm, went back to the information counter and this time the girl I got didnt ask to see my SS card!! Go figure! lol I got my number G142. They were on G100 - yay me!! lol Around 3:30 my number got called, gave the guy my stuff and he asked to see my SS card, gave him what I had and of course, right off the bat he said he cant take that. So I went into the whole explanation of what happened, so he went asked someone and came back and said I was good to go.. WHEW!!! He processed everything and said, "Ok, go take your picture" (WAIT A MINUTE?!?!? picture??? I was soooo not prepared for a picture!! LOL - Oh well) Took my picture and then went to the test area, got my test papers ALL 5 OF THEM!!and I was off... Felt good, doing good. Then came to my Air Brakes test.... The one Ive been struggling on.. I felt I did okay... I took it up and got it graded. I aced everything, even the HazMat endorsements, but on the Air Brakes test, I missed 5 and you can only miss 3... Stike 1. So I studied and took it again... Missed 4!!! Strike 2!! WTH!! Lol She asked if I want to take it again.. By then it was 4:20pm, I told her no, I am going to go home and study my butt off (yes - that's what I told her - made her laugh!) and will come back tomorrow.

But I do have to say thank you for my friends and family who totally supported me and gave me their shoulder's to vent on today! Without them, I wouldnt be where I am now!! So much love to Scott, Cory & Angel, Jeanna, Kimmi, Jana and JerryJack for picking up Cole from the airport and then taking us out to a much needed dinner!!

Love to all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment